Sunday 14 September 2014

Shopping: Fassler 'Salmon' Warehouse

I'm a crazy lover of salmon. 
He loves it too but usually I'll be the one having cravings for salmon. Be it salmon sashimi, salmon sushi, smoked salmon sandwiches or salmon steaks. 
The mention of all these salmon is enough to make my mouth water. :D slurps

So it is a really enlightening moment when I found out that there's a place (or more like a warehouse) somewhere in Woodlands which sells salmon in various cuts - all cheaper than those you'll find outside! I woke the Mr extra early today to accompany me to Fassler Gourmet Pte Ltd :) 

SALMON PARADISE HERE WE COME!

I spotted the blue building at 46 Woodlands Terrace. There are several rows of warehouses and most of them involves the production of food. You might have to check which of them are open to public. For today, we actually visited 4 different places but this post will just highlight Fassler - the Salmon Paradise. heee. :)

We reached the warehouse around 10.30am and the place is already packed with customers. That's a good sign! It means we're in a gooooood place.
 Me - already beaming with excitement.

 Some 'Jakt's hanging outside for customers. In case they can't stand the cold inside the Cold Room. I find the spelling really amusing.

The entrance to the Cold Room.

I used to work at McDonald's and I really hated the cold room we had. We had to get our chicken nuggets, fries and all the other frozen stocks from there. It was too freezing cold, I couldn't breathe or even see properly. And I always had vivid dramatic thoughts of being trapped inside the cold room. Freezing to death because maybe - I slipped and some boxes fell on me or maybe - because the door was always a little much too heavy that I always think that I'm unable to open it.

HAHA. I'll have a moment of silence for those claustrophobic memories.

The Cold Room wasn't as bad as I imagined! It was relatively big and there were many different items for you to choose from - salmon, tuna, swordfish, eel, prawns, mixed seafood (prawns and cuttlefish) and scallops among those that I can remember!

However, it is very cold so it was a bit difficult to stay in there for too long. We went for through the cold room twice, once just to see what is there for sale. We then got out to defrost ourselves and then entered again with our shopping basket. :)

 It's really cold in here.

 The smoked salmon value pack (200g) is going for $9.90. This costs $12.95 at NTUC Fairprice!! There's also the Marinated Salmon Value Pack going for the same price.

This will especially be great for porridge or salmon chowder :)

 Outside, there are trays of ready-to-eat salmon sashimi for sale. The small tray of 300g costs $13.50 while the large tray of 500g costs $22. Given that 5pcs of salmon sashimi outside costs about $6, this is really a great steal! You can also grab a tub of wasabi here for 60 cents and sashimi soy sauce for $3.30.



Mushrooms for sale. I even saw large portobello mushrooms if I'm not wrong.

Me and my buys :D Super happy. Oh ya! There were soups and chowders for sale too - I got the Broccoli & Cheese, Mushroom Soup and Seafood Chowder. :) Have yet to try them out, will probably have them for my lunch/dinner at work. (Mushroom soup turns out to be my fav!)

 You can also order their party platter online HERE and there's a 20% discount if you self-collect these platters. 

Let's tuck in! There are two layers of salmon sashimi slices. Totally worth the $13.50. I'm super happy. :)

You can view the full price list HERE - Updated as of 25th August 2014. The prices may fluctuate so do check back before you make a visit. Reminder: All purchases have to be made in cash :) It is also useful to note that because most of the items are sold in bulk, it's a good idea to plan your shopping list before coming.

HAVE FUN!

Before we end on this post, here's a short video summary of our trip:

Fassler Gourmet - Cash & Carry (click for website)
Opening Hours:
Mondays to Fridays 8am - 5pm
Saturdays 8am - 1pm

Drop at Admiralty MRT Station, cross the overhead bridge and take bus no 964.
Alight at the 10th stop along Woodlands Link and walk to 46 Woodlands Terrace.

Use Smove car service for easy transportation / cheap car rental!
Only $5 per 15minutes or rent for a day for as cheap as $40.
Use the following link to receive $20 credit for your first ride :)
Registration is free, first payment will only be made during your first drive so 
Register today! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment